We, that is Marlies and Roman Erler. Our history together begins in the 1990s.
Marlies Erler, Mag. pharm., came to Tux for events of the pharmaceutical industry. Roman Erler was already working in the outdoor sector at that time. So we met each other and got to know and love each other.
You can find more information about Firmenevent Tirol at www.firmenevent.at.
In addition to the classic skiing, hiking and mountain vacations we developed a versatile NATURSPORT offer:
- Development of the Spannagel Cave on the Hintertux Glacier in cooperation with Josef Klausner
- High-ropes playground near the Schraubenfall cave
- "Flying Fox" and canyoning (6 different routes)
- "Brainwashing" (= abseiling next to 100 m high waterfall)
- Cave trekking in some of the numerous natural caves
- Paragliding tandem flights, glacier safaris, snowshoeing, ice climbing, as well as snow and avalanche courses
- children's holiday program "Kraxel Maxel”
- two via ferratas in the Zillertal Alps bear our signature
In order to realize such a diverse outdoor program, numerous ways to landowners and authorities were necessary.
Another field of activity is the initiation and support of scientific research on the topics of
- high alpine sinter formations and cryogenic carbonates as climate archives
- mineralogy, geology and glaciology,
- Microbiology in glacial ice
- as well as research on Stone Age bear and ibex finds in the Tux Valley
Spectacular finds by Roman Erler are in the archives of Natursport Tirol
The careful use of resources and the protection of nature are particularly important to us. The combination of sport, adventure and knowledge transfer is and always was our passion.
In August 2007 a natural phenomenon, the Nature Ice Palace in the Hintertux Glacier, was discovered by chance by Roman Erler.
The Nature Ice Palace goes back to our private initiative, without any public funding.
After a year of research, surveying and planning by Roman Erler, in cooperation of Natursport Tirol with the Austrian Federal Forests (land owner) and the Zillertaler Gletscherbahnen, the unique attraction could be opened for visitors in November 2008.
Initially, only a small area was accessible. Over the years, we and our team were able to expand the glacier cave through elaborate and painstaking manual work. We drove tunnels into the glacier ice and connected natural cavities in the process. Our research shaft, the deepest shaft in a glacier worldwide, was also created by pure manual labor. Thousands of hours of work, heart and soul went into the development of the Nature Ice Palace. Today, the survey level is over 1 km. In addition, the research work is far from being completed.
Due to the importance of the Nature Ice Palace as a tourist attraction for the region, our focus has been on this project since its discovery.
In addition, several world records have already been set in the Nature Ice Palace.
Every year we are allowed to show the beauty of nature to about 50,000 people and welcome many prominent and well-known faces, from actors to royalty. Television stations such as WDR, ARD, ZDF, ORF, France 5, NHK and BBC have already been our guests for filming.
Special occasions such as marriage proposals, corporate events, birthdays, etc. become an unforgettable experience with us.
We would like to thank our loyal and hard-working employees, the Zillertaler Gletscherbahnen and the ÖBF for the good cooperation, as well as our customers and friends!